What is WordPress? Learn the world's best open source (CMS)!
If you are looking into issues related to the Website , you probably have heard of the word " WordPress ". New people should start with WordPress when making a website because it is easy to use and good SEO . Even if you do not know anything about programming or code, you can easily create and design websites extremely easily with WordPress. This article will answer the question " What is WordPress? "And" why should you use WordPress to make websites? "
What is WordPress?
WordPress is the software system content management CMS ( Content Management System ) written by the programming language PHP and uses a database MySQL ( MySQL database ). WordPress was developed based on the original b2 / cafelog and was released on May 27, 2003 by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little.
WordPress.com is a free blogging service websiteof Automattic with subdomain name" yourdomain.wordpress.com " which is supported by the open source WordPress software for those who want to create websites and store data for free. . WordPress.com has a rich interface, but cannot edit the code itself or install plugins, limited settings.
2. WordPress.org (open source)
WordPress allows users to download their open source code at the WordPress.org homepage to build a Website with its own domain name , self- hosted hosting service and customized interface as desired. This makes it easy for developers around the world to create their own sets of themes and plugins that can be downloaded or sold to users.
- Theme ( Theme theme ): A set of theme themes pre-written by the developer allows you to create a website with all the necessary features without having to know programming.
- Plugins ( The extension ): is the utility and extend specific features for your website.
With the pre-built interface and plugin packages, users only need to upload to build their website without having to know programming.
Structure of WordPress content management system
The WordPress CMS management structure will include the following components:
- Dashboard ( Newsletter ): Overview of WordPress admin system, notifications, abstracts, events, comments, quick news ... Notification of new updates on the theme (interface) or plugins (components expand), language.
- Posts ( article ): Regional management and publishing articles.
- Media: Library manages and uploads photos, videos or documents.
- Pages ( Page ): The control areas and publishing pages.
- Comments ( Feedback ): Regional management of website comments.
- Appearance ( Interface ): Area new installation, customization and editing interface.
- Plugins: Area for installing and managing extensions.
- Tools ( Tools ): Regional administration support tools.
- Settings: Setting area.
In addition, some other options will be complemented by themes or plugins.
Why should you use WordPress to build your website?
According to statistics, up to now, about 60 million websites in the world are using WordPress, of which 33.6% of the top 10 million websites in the world are using this platform (updated April 2019) . WordPress possesses but superior advantages compared to other platforms:
- 1. Easy to set up and use: With just a few clicks, you have built a website to blog or sell extremely simple.
- 2. Easy to customize and develop: Developed as open source, developers can fully rely on this platform to develop more complete website according to their wishes.
- 3. Multilingual support: WordPress has now been developed for almost all countries in the world.
- 4. Interface store , rich themes: Millions of free themes and many premium themes for you to choose depending on user needs and operational areas.
- 5. Diverse plugins system: WordPress website can integrate many useful features, highly compatible with extensions.
- 6. Strong SEO ability: Many developers create lightweight code sets, SEO standards, SEO support plugins are also extremely diverse.
So, perhaps you have understood what WordPress is? and why people recommend using WordPress to build websites already. WordPress is extremely easy to use and the superior SEO capability is too suitable for newbie. If you have suggestions, please let me know. Good luck!